Thursday 5 June 2014

Taking It A Little Further With Lydia


Howdy there! So it's my fourth month posting as a designer here on the Craft Stamper Magazine Blog, every first Thursday I'll be sharing a card taking an idea from my article that month.

This month I had a one layer card featured in the 'Just One Layer' article, that one was very muted and girly and I wanted to create a more viberant and unisex card using nearly the same technique.



*Firstly mask around a panel in the middle of your card- I have used washi tape around the edge of my card layer.
*I have then stamped leaves from Wplus9's 'Spring Blooms' in two different green chalk inks around the edge of the washi frame, as chalk ink takes a while to dry I then heat set it with my heat tool.
*I then tool a mini bleanding tool and Distress Ink to blend inward starting on the washi tape and blending lightly inward.
*Gently remove the washi tape, keeping it as flat as you can to reduce the chances of ripping your card.
*Add your sentiment- I have used Winnie & Walter's 'The Big, The Bold And You'. 


Here you can see how flat the card is......



If you have created something that was inspired by my article I would totally love to see it... so if you would like to leave a link to your project in the comments section or on my blog Love Lydia Brooke and I'll pop on over and take a look.

Hugs, Lydia xxx

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card. Although I always seem to get more complicated with my cards, I really love the simplicity of one layer cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card, Lydia! Love your gorgeous one layer card. Thank you so much for sharing your love and highlighting The Big, the Bold and You!

    ReplyDelete