Thursday 22 January 2009

Reader Artwork




I'd just like to share with you this lovely work done by reader Nathalie Lucas, inspired by Lana George's lovely candle in the January issue.
Here's what Nathalie told me about her project:
"I did not wrap the candle completely in tissue but cut around stamped images (stamps from Clarity, I love her 'sketchy Lady') and adhered them as per Lana's instructions. I coloured the pictures with some chalks and cheap powder eye shadows I bought ages ago, thinking I'll find a use for them.

Then of course I had to make a box. I chickened out of making it entirely out of acetate but just made the window from acetate, with the rest made from card. I used the See-Ds Morsels I bought so cheaply before Christmas with Adirondack inks (Butterscotch, Caramel and raisin).

And finally the card to match - a smaller version of the Sketchy Lady, with PaperArtsy stamps to set it off, and a Spellbinders die-cut made from an aluminium roasting tin (the kind roasts come in at Iceland)."
Thanks for sharing Nathalie - lovely work.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely beautiful work Nathalie and I am so flattered that I inspired you!

    ReplyDelete